Tech Team Lead
Operations Operations Full-time
Are you a hands-on, self-starting and passionate problem-solver, with creative and critical thinking skills and a love of process, documentation, and methodology? Do you have leadership experience? Are you able to work in a fast-paced environment, not afraid to write code and roll up your sleeves to get the job done, managing multiple, competing priorities while keeping a focus on the important stuff?
Who are we?
We are Optival, an information comparison company. Started in 2016, growing steadily and rapidly as our product is in high demand on today’s internet.
Our focus is on delivering the best quality information to our users in the fastest possible way, the highest value leads to our clients and a great experience for our people.
We value our employees and strive to create a well-balanced and comfortable working experience where everyone has a better chance of achieving their aspirations and goals.
We strive to be an inclusive company and do our best to promote a culture of awareness of any stereotypes and unconscious biases in the workplace.
Lead the development and implementation of the operational product’s technical vision and architecture.
Areas of responsibility:
- Establishing a robust software architecture that follows industry best practices
- Mentor and lead developers on all levels of experience toward excellency
- Manage offshore team of developers
- Design complex data pipelines and integrations
- Partner with product management to define product requirements and influence overall product direction
- Creating a long-term technology vision and strategy, making decisions about technology stack for our various products.
- Leading complex projects involving multiple stakeholders to deliver business value through highly-complex technological features.
- Improving the speed and efficiency with which the team can iterate and deliver new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, with at least 4 years in a senior role
- Hands-on experience
- Familiarity with technologies from our tech stack, including Python or Node.js
- Strong experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage and lead projects
- Ability to think strategically and plan for the future
- Experience with PHP is an advantage
- Flexible hours (come and go as you please)
- An extra 10 weeks of paid parental leave
- Personal growth budget
- Cibus (Wolt) lunch card
- And more than anything a great growth opportunity!
View other open positions
What we offer
Never stop learning
Yearly budget for professional / personal growth.
New kid has arrived?
We have special parenthood leave for all parents.
Many vacation days
Including moving, birthday and more.
Generous lunch card
Monthly allocation taxes on us.
About working hours and working remotely.
We appreciate and celebrrve a diverse workforce
beneﬁts our employees, pp customers.